Saturday, October 25, 2008

Feminist Halloween Costumes?

My sister just cut off all her hair to donate it for Locks for Love, and she's got cute short hair. We were trying to come up with Halloween costumes that could work for her new hair, and I suggested Rachel Maddow, which would be way awesome.


One year my roommates and I dressed up as Rockford Peach players from a League of Their Own and I've gone as Rosie the Riveter in the past, which I thoroughly enjoyed.


So, are there any more brilliant feminist Halloween costumes that you've done in the past/planning to do this year?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going as birth control. I have two sheets of white posterboard and I'm going to cut up blue sponges and put them in a circle on my torso. with a smaller circle of pink sponges in the middle :)

Anonymous said...

@Lindsay thought we'd play a game, and guess what.....tag you're it.

Anonymous said...

Damn I tagged Lindsay too...
Pass it along to Amelia instead if you could please :)

Anonymous said...

Wow these are awesome. I need to get thinking. Maybe I should go as John McCain and be a jerk all night. No, I'd have way more fun as a fundie...but I'd probably offend some friends. How do you dress as a fundie anyway? I'd probably have to pick a famous one.

theBeatnik said...

I love the Rachel Maddow idea, and it would be really easy with short hair.

lindsay said...

Hah, a fundie is a great idea... I'd do that but I'm sure some of the more conservative friends I have would probably not be pleased.

Maybe just a white shirt and black tie? if you did it with black plants, you could be a 7th Day Adventist and think JC is coming back at any moment...